Lightmate Feeder System
The Hexatronic Lightmate Feeder System serves the fiber connection from the Central Office to the Fiber Distribution Hub.
Micro Cables are flexible and cost-effective cabling systems for installation of optical fibers in Feeder Networks. Built to last, they deliver unlimited bandwidth capacity as well as capability to grow with user needs – and as new users are added.
The flexibility offered by micro cables is taken one step further – and into local and metropolitan networks – with Hexatronic micro cable system. One micro cable contains, from 12 up to 432 single fibers.
This supreme capacity potential makes the micro cable system the preferred choice when installing Feeder networks. The micro cable system is also a complement to air-blown fiberin access networks, where future scalability is of utmost importance. In this case, the micro cable system is used for the first part of the access network, from the distribution (Central Office) to intermediary splicing points (Fiber Distribution Hub), where air-blown fiber is used for the final section to the end users.
Why is the micro cable system more flexible than other systems?
The ducts are installed separately and in advance, which means:
- Installation of optical fiber may be incremental, adapted to growth in end user demand.
- Unlike traditional cable pulling, the blown-in fiber is not affected by harsh treatment during installation.
- Minimization of splice points, which reduces installation time.
- Easy network upgrade with more fiber or other types of fiber.
- Simplified network design.
The result is a future-proof network solution where additional bandwidth may be added at any time depending on investment budgets and end user demand.